Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tao of Chris

I wrote this a few days ago, but I've been thinking about almost my whole life.  It has nothing really to do with what I eat, but this seemed like a worthwhile place to save it for a while:

All I've ever really wanted to do, was play in the street. When I was a kid, I had to do chores before I could play in the street. Some times I didn't follow the rules and played in the street without doing my chores, but the consequences were undesirable, so I did my chores first.

Nothing changes, adult responsibilities are just chores you have to do before you can play in the street. Some people make these chores their life. I call that playing grown up.

It was always more fun to play in the street with others. If you knocked on their door to see if they could play and they had chores to do first, if you really liked them, you offered to help them. If they knocked on your door, and you had chores to do, you hoped that they would help you. That's what a relationship should be, people helping each other finish chores so they can play in the street together.

That's it.  It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

I walked in to Alcyone and said "Yes!!!" way too loud.  I say a lot of things way too loud.  The soup was French Lentil and Ham.  Karo has made it before and it was incredible.  The lentils still nice and firm, the broth light a almost sweet.
Good boys drink their water.
Dinner was The Staple.  I probably have this meal at least once a week.  Chicken, asparagus and pasta with pesto.  I seriously could eat this 3 times a week and never get sick of it.
I love, love, love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment