Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mel's Stoves

I bitch constantly about companies like Walmart and Costco and the effects they have on small local businesses. I should complain more about the people that shop there. On my morning 18 mile run I passed Mel's Stove in West Salem. Mel's reader board says, "Now accepting new customers". They were previously NOT accepting new customers? Salem residents, feel free to buy stoves any where you want without me criticizing you.

Breakfast was eggs, hash browns with a little sausage gravy.


After spending some time at the park I "shared" a mini Cappuccino Heath Blizzard from Dairy Queen with Elliott. Ok, I offered some to him but he didn't want any.


Ran by some corn fields, barely knee high today. It's funny, passing a corn field makes me want corn. Passing a dairy doesn't make me want milk.

Dinner was grilled chicken, grilled pineapple, rice and corn salsa.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Dear Chris,
    I want to thank you for your comment about my reader board! Any further comments are appreciated as well. Just wanted to let you know that myself and many others fought for your right to post what your posting here. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete