Friday, July 8, 2011

Redux

I thought I had a new idea for this blog.  Then I read back over why I started it in the first place and realized it’s the same ish idea.  Maybe with a slight twist.  I’m going to photograph everything I eat and document it for a while.  People still ask me all the time, what I eat.  I’m not even sure.  I know I love to cook and eat and I eat very well.  So now I’ll be able to peruse what goes down my throat daily myself.  If it’s on my plate, you can rest assured it ended up in my belly.  I can probably count on one hand the number of times I’ve left food on a plate or got a to go box.  I may even photograph seconds, redundancy be damned, if for no other reason than to possibly guilt myself into not taking seconds.  I do sometimes track the calories and nutritional content of my food, but I won’t bother with that here.  Here will just be pictures, descriptions and locations if pertinent.  I may occasionally wax philosophical, but that’s not guaranteed.  I still don’t like the lighting in my kitchen.  The light through the north window of the dining area is very nice and this time of year, I should be done eating before it’s dark out.  I’m not sure how long I’ll keep this up, but I couldn’t think of a meaningful start date or time, so it starts with lunch on July 8, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment