Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sushi

I love love love sushi.  If I could afford it, I think I could forsake all other foods for sushi.  I have no interest in making it myself.  I love watching it prepared and love social ritual of a sushi bar.  I love that I talked to Boz Scaggs at a sushi bar for 20 minutes and had no idea who he was.  A woman came up and asked for his autograph, and when she left he looked a little embarrassed.  I was too, and after a strange pause said, "ok, who are you?" He told me, I said, "cool" and we went back to our conversation.

Raw fish is strange.  I used to fish a lot before I started running.  I could catch a salmon, right out of the Pacific Ocean and clean it.  Fish as fresh as it could possibly be.  There is nothing in the world that could compel me to cut off a slab of meat and pop it in my my mouth.  And yet, I can eat raw fish in the middle of Kansas and not give it a second thought.

Submarine Roll from Fuji
Tempura Udon

...and my favorite shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment